1. Brown sausage links in a large pan until mostly cooked through.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, and then cut into slices (sometimes I skip cutting them lengthwise–experiment and see if you like bigger pieces).
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, potatoes, onion, and garlic in slow cooker. Add water to barely cover veggies and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours until potatoes are soft.
5. Add coconut milk and kale and stir.
6. Cook on high 30 minutes until thickened slightly.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!